Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I was installing a 120 volt circuit breaker into my breaker…

Customer Question
Hi! I was installing a...
Hi! I was installing a 120 volt circuit breaker into my breaker box. It was live since I don't have access to the main. Unfortunately, the ground wire made contact with an unused terminal (I believe it would be referred to as a terminal, it's the metal piece that the breaker connects to), and the breaker box fried. My building now does not have electric. I was able to get to the main breaker but it will not stay in the up on position. What can I do to get power back?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/14/2015
Electrician: Jason, Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
If it tripped the main breaker, that breaker should have gone to the center position. When you tried to reset the main, did you move it all the way to OFF, and then back ON?
Mike, Master Electrician