Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I'm trying to make sure I have my Hayward pump wired corre…

Customer Question
I'm trying to make sure...
I'm trying to make sure I have my Hayward pump wired correctly.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/14/2015
Electrician: Jason, Service Technician replied 3 years ago
Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Is the pump currently connected? If so, have you tried to run it?
No I'm installing a replacement pump. First time wiring it. Does the red wire go to L1 terminal ? Black to L2? That's the way the old pump was wired
If it's a 240 volt (only) pump, and you have a 240 volt circuit, it won't matter whether black or red goes to L1, and which one goes to L2. If you can post a model number for the pump, I'll look it up Online, just to confirm.
Are you able to post photos of the pump? If so, it would help me to see any data plates on it.
It's 230 v. Model K48M2N111
Thank you for the additional information. Given that info, I wouldn't be concerned about connecting it with black to L1 and red to L2. I'll be happy to stand by if you want to try that and let me know how it works out.
Does your motor have the information found on this page on the data plate?
Please click the top thumbnail to view it larger photo. At the top right of that photo, there is a dial that is shown, which would need to be rotated for the proper voltage selection.