Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have two outlets connected to the same circuit breaker that

Customer Question
have both quit working. The...
I have two outlets connected to the same circuit breaker that have both quit working. The first to go was the washing machine outlet and now one of the bathroom outlets went. I checked the circuit breaker and the wiring on the outlet, not problem there. Neither have a GFCI fuse, so what is the problem? Im very fustrated, this house is only 2.5 years old.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/8/2015
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Both outlets are required to be on a GFCI. The house being only 21/2 yrs old also required the 2 outlets be on their own circuits. I would check around the basement other bathrooms, kitchen and exterior receptacles for a GFCI receptacle that may be tripped.
Thank you Mike. Well that fixed the bathroom outlet, but the washer outlet is still not working, and there is no GFCI breaker on it or the breaker it os attached to. This all connected to a two pole breaker, that i just checked and it is good, i checked it with my meter'250v across the poles.
Check the outlet. Test as follows for voltage Hot to neutral, Hot to ground, Neutral to ground. Let me know the readings.
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician