Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am finishing off our basement and trying to use the current wiring that is down. I'…

Customer Question
I am finishing off our...
I am finishing off our basement and trying to use the current wiring that is down. I'm putting can lights in. Can I create a junction box that has currently 14/3 in it and run 14/2 out of it? If so how do I do that? I"m assuming the 14/3 is because there is 2 light switches.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/5/2015
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 3 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Give me the count and colors of the wires in the box.