Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My solar system got drained when a visitor left several fans…

Customer Question
My solar system got drained...
My solar system got drained when a visitor left several fans run overnight. I am attempting to recharge my system with a generator, but noted that my xantrex C60 charge controller shows no indication at all..the led is not lit at all? What might be the problem. It is hooked to an outback inverter.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/2/2015
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 3 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) How many amps is the Charge Controller (CC) rated for?
2) Are you trying to charge the battery bank by disconnecting the PV panels and charging directly to the input side of the CC? or have you disconnected the CC and the Inverter and directly charging to the battery bank?
In other words, have you isolated the battery bank and disconnected everything from the battery bank except for the charging input to the battery bank?
3) What connection do you have for the generator output? An AC or DC connection?
4) How many amps is the generator rated for?
5) Or are you using a 120 volt plug-in battery charger directly from the AC output of the generator?
If using an AC battery charger, how many amp output is the battery charger?
I need more details as to how you are trying to re-charge the battery bank?