Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a issue with in stalling a GFCI outlet. There were two…

Customer Question
I have a issue with...
I have a issue with in stalling a GFCI outlet. There were two regular plugs on each side of the sink. I am try to install GFCI plugs to replace them. They have a black, red and white. When I hook up the red the backer goes at the panel. When the red is disconnected the GFCI light lights up but only half of the plug has power.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/1/2015
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 3 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?