Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I want to install a swamp cooler thermostat that controls two

Customer Question

I want to install a swamp cooler thermostat that controls two swamp coolers on my roof. On the wall wire box,I have 3 Romex wires coming in the box - Power line and the other two going to the swamp coolers. The thermostat has 5 wires but I don't know where the red, yellow/black and orange/black connect to the 2 Romex cables. Which of the black or white wall wires are connected to the 3 thermostat wires in question?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.
What is the make and model of the thermostat, so the specifications can be obtained to better assist on the situation?
Are you operating from 120 volts, or 230 volts?
Let me know and we can continue,
Thanks