How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 1425
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have the old stlye screw in breakers, with the flip switch

Customer Question

i have the old stlye screw in breakers, with the flip switch box. there is 240 going in, I need 120 for a new water do I solve this? by just using one pole?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.
The panel may be using fuses, and you have some screw in fuses with a button on the top for resetting, as breakers plug onto the buss bars in the panel in some fashion.
Post a picture of the panel with the door open for review if possible.
120 volts is rare for a water heater, be sure and verify the nameplate.
120 volts is the same circuit as your normal house receptacles and lighting.
They all use 120 volts and you just copy the wiring on them for anything to be added at 120 volts.
Let me know and we can continue,

Related Electrical Questions