ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

I have someone here cleaning my chandelier. It has a dimmer

Customer Question

I have someone here cleaning my chandelier. It has a dimmer bar. When he started, we tested the light and it worked. but he kept twisting the chandelier while cleaning. when we turned on to switch out bulbs, no lights! HELP! I turned the fuse box off and on again.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ProGrade replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Ken and I will be glad to help with your question. Thanks for using http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-prograde
Twisting is not good and may have pulled a wire loose from its connection. Hopefully this occurred in the box supporting the fixture. If so, the canopy, the part at the top of the chain can be dropped where you could possibly find the loose connection. Start with that. If a loose connection is not found, I would temporarily replace the dimmer with a standard toggle switch and test the fixture. If not successful the loose connection could be inside the fixture in which case it would have to be removed and taken apart to find.