Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I can not wire my Emerson KS55BXEH-787 3/4 1-phase motor…

Customer Question
I can not wire my...
I can not wire my Emerson KS55BXEH-787 3/4 1-phase motor
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Electrical
5/20/2015
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 3 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Is there a diagram or a list of connections on the motor?
It appears to connect the black wire to the upper terminal and line voltage to either the studs or the spades next to them.
Move the black and white both on the studs. There was a black lead looks in the first picture that should connect where you showed the black. The groung should go to the hole on the right, missing a bolt.
Hole for ground under black wire.
You got it.
Your great, now real quick can I hook a speed control to this motor?
Motor has had better day as it appears. A speed control operates on reducing the voltage and it will no doubt trip the overload. Not designed for that type of installation.
Thank you I will let yo know how it turns out
Very good.
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician