How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7536
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a boathouse which was partially flooded this week. It

Customer Question

I have a boathouse which was partially flooded this week. It was already under water when I was able to fLip breakers off. Now that water has receded, and I have flipped the breakers back on, I only have power to a part of boathouse. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Anything electrical submerged will need to be replaced. The failure could be a main breaker or several branch circuit breakers. With a 2 wire tester we could isolate the problem. Keep in mind that as stated anything electrical breakers, wire or devices need to be replace if subjected to flooding.

Related Electrical Questions