How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ProGrade Your Own Question
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 561
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
ProGrade is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a step down transformer. I need it to step down from

Customer Question

I need a step down transformer. I need it to step down from 480 to 208. I need to the 208 to be 200 amps. What size transformer do I need and how many amps do I feed it with.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Ken and I will be glad to help with your question. Thanks for using
If there are not large motors, 75 kVA Transformer fed with minimum #3 Copper on 100A Breaker.