Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Just installed a Harbor Breeze fan. Has a remote control and

Customer Question

Just installed a Harbor Breeze fan. Has a remote control and halogen light. worked fine after initial install. Later in the day. Girlfriend turns on fan. Hears a pop sound. Light will no longer turn off from remote. But fan operation seems to be fine from remote. Any ideas?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like the splice on the wire coming out of the receiver, where it connects to the wire that goes down to the light kit, may have been loose. If so, it will arc, and then possibly cause the light not to work. The first step in repairing it is to open the canopy section of the fan, just below the ceiling, to expose the connections.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Once the connections are exposed, please check each splice for tightness.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will check on that. Probably won't happen until tomorrow. Will update you.
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good. I work full time away from this site, so I'll check for your reply as time allows. Thank you for the opportunity to help.