Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a 1970s vintage 110v table saw that needs rewiring.

Customer Question
The plug has green, black...
I have a 1970s vintage 110v table saw that needs rewiring. The plug has green, black, and white wires. The lines to the switch are green, red, black, and white. The switch has T3, T1, L1, and L3 connections. The motor has four wires black, yellow, green and red.
How should they be connected?
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electrical
5/6/2015
Electrician: machinc, Electrical Technician replied 2 years ago
machinc
machinc, Electrical Technician
It is unusual to have to replace every
wire on a saw unless there has been physical
damage/ heat/fire/ moisture.
Before you take any wires loose take a photo
of each connection.
Make notes IE at plug
green =ground
White = neutral
black = hot
When you install the new wires disconnect
the old ones as you go.
Before closing or running check the
photographs to make sure the
wires match.
Do the same with your notes .
Before digital cameras notes was all you had.
I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Customer
Great advice but the wires are all apart from moving the unit several years ago and a damaged switch that was taken out and replace when the unit was being cleaned. No notes on the wiring or pictures of connections are available. That is why I asked the question on how to wire it back up. This response is of no use to me. If you can't provide wiring instructions, please refund my deposit.
Another expert is pucking up your question
Customer
machinc
machinc
machinc, Electrical Technician