Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

How do I splice multiple wires from a hampton bay ventilation…

How do I splice multiple...
How do I splice multiple wires from a hampton bay ventilation fan/light combo to a black, white & ground wire in ceiling, connected to just one switch? There's green, black, white & red quick connectors on the unit
11/2/2013
Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Just so I understand, you want to switch the fan AND the light on from the single switch?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards
Steve

yes from a single switch

Ok, splice the black and red together at the fan and connect them to the black ceiling wire.

Connect the fan white to ceiling white and connect all grounds.

That will do it.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Regards
Steve
Steve G., Electrical Engineer