Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I am trying to install a Miniliter V on 120V using the Tyco

I am trying to install...

I am trying to install a Miniliter V on 120V using the Tyco PT-15 photocell. I am confused by the "common" designated wire coming from the ballast and where the "120" ballast wire goes. Can you show a wiring diagram for this set-up? Help? Larry [email protected]

Should have said:

black & white LINE IN

black, white, and red PHOTOCELL

"120V" and "Common" from the ballast.

Just want to know how to connect

10/26/2013
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician

AssuredElectrical :

Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

AssuredElectrical :

Understand the situation and will try to give the best explanation and maybe a diagram will not be needed.---------------- On the ballast, the neutral connects to the "common" which is the white wire from power source. Connect the WHITE from the photocell to these whites also So 3 wires under a wire nut all together.-----------------------------The black on the ballast will connect to the RED on the photo cell.----------------Then the black on the photocell connects to the BLACK wire from power source (which is the 120 volts)

AssuredElectrical :

Please just reply if anything further is needed, thanks

Customer:

Colors don't match as have an orange marked "120V" and a white marked "common". Wjoc

Customer:

Which of these connects to the photocell red?

AssuredElectrical :

Orange 120 connects to the red off the photo cell. White connects to the white from power and the white on the photo cell.

Customer:

sorry, in too big of a hurry.

Customer:

Assume my orange "120V" ballast lead goes to photocell red?

AssuredElectrical :

That is what I posted, can you see my last postings?

Customer:

And the white "common" lead goes to white in and photocell white

AssuredElectrical :

yes, correct on the whites

AssuredElectrical :

the black on the photo cell connects to power

AssuredElectrical :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Wonderful. Many thanks

AssuredElectrical :

you are most welcome, glad to assist

AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician