Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.
329447

3 outlets assumed on same circuit stopped working. power to

3 outlets assumed on same circuit stopped working. power to ground is 120 volts, power to white is 60ish volts?? don't know where to look for trouble
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Ok, you say that the receptacles stopped working but that you have 120V to ground? Is that correct? Clear that up for me if you would please.

Then we can continue.

Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, 120v to ground

about 60 volts black to white

Can you measure voltage from white to ground please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry, I'm not at office; if info necessary, I'll respond later.

Ok, I'll be here.

Reply only when ready to continue - meter in hand :).

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

'm sorry, I don't have access to this info.

I expect to pay the $15.00 fee for your time.Thank You.

Ok, I understand.

Please consider rating my service using the smiley faces or stars that appear right here on this page It is the only way I am compensated by this site. It works like an e bay or Amazon rating so please consider clicking on one of the better choices :)

It does not close our discussion. We can continue if needed.

I thank you in advance.

Regards

Steve