Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a three way switch in my house. one end is a standard

I have a three way...
I have a three way switch in my house. one end is a standard togle switch the other end is a dimmer switch. Is there any reason the power to the light would be on a delay?

Why is there a delay from when you flip the switch to when the light comes on? Is this situation dangerous?
9/24/2013
Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..about how long is the delay?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards
Steve

The delay is very short but noticeable Maybe a second possibly 2 seconds.

It sounds like the dimmer. Is this an incandescent load?

Regards
Steve

No its not being used for an incadescent load. The light bulbs and fixtures are all standard lighting. The dimmer is a lutron from Home Depot. Its happening on more than 1 light I don't think its the dimmer unless the dely is a built in feature of the dimmer.

Standard light bulbs are incandescent. I just wanted to make sure they weren't fluorescent or low voltage maybe.

Is the dimmer new? Any chance you can tell me the model?

Regards
Steve

I'm checking Lutron C.L Dimmer incadescant halogen 120 volt dimmerable cfl/led.

Toggler CL TGCL-153PR-WH

Yes, I think this is normal. The dimmer will return the light level to a preset level. It takes a second or two to do this.

I certainly don't think that this is dangerous or hazardous.

You should be fine.

Please let me know if you still need assistance.

Steve
Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Steve G., Electrical Engineer