How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike G. Your Own Question
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 7497
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have got a 200 amp fuse panel in my house. I want to replace

This answer was rated:

I have got a 200 amp fuse panel in my house. I want to replace it with a 200 amp breaker panel. My fuse panel is in the basement in the corner right next to the wall. If I replace the panel ,will I have to worry about any code requirements? Also my house is old , the wiring does not have grounding . Will that cause me any trouble? Want to make sure that it will pass inspection.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist The following are the considerations
1) 30 inches unobstructed on the wall.
2) 36 inches clear floor space in front of panel.
3) No plumbing over the panel.

Existing circuit grounding isn't a consideration for the upgrade.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what does 30 inches unobstructed on the wall mean

The wall space needs to be that wide, with nothing below it. No cabinets, appliances or anything like that. You need to be able to open the door 90 deg, so it may be in a corner location.
Mike G. and 2 other Electrical Specialists are ready to help you

Related Electrical Questions