Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have three transformers that change US current to French

current. Is there any...
I have three transformers that change US current to French current. Is there any way I can find out if they are still working while in the US? The only testing equipment I have is a Trplet 2202 EL meter
9/8/2013
Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..French wall voltage is between 220V and 240V AC so set your meter to measure AC Voltage.

Plug each transformer into the wall and then measure the resulting voltage coming from the transformer.

If it is between 220 and 240V then the transformer is good.

Let me know if you need further help with this. I will be here.

Steve
Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Steve G., Electrical Engineer