How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask electrifier Your Own Question
electrifier, Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 1633
Experience:  Electrical contractor and electrical inspector for over 24 years with phone and networking expertise
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
electrifier is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is buying a townhouse. The home inspector said

This answer was rated:

My daughter is buying a townhouse. The home inspector said that the electrical panel should be replaced because it was put in back in 1981 and is a push matic panel. What is your opinion as to what I should purchase? We are going to ask the homeowner to reduce the price of the house based on this and a new furnace. Thank you.

electrifier :

Push o matic is out of business because the panels were bad. I would replace the panel with a Square D Homeline panel. This gives you the highest quality panel and breakers on the market today. If it is a 100 amp panel I would ask for a $1000 reduction for the electrical. If it is 200 amps I would ask for a $1500 reduction for this electrical issue. This will more than cover the cost of having the service upgraded with a new panel.


Thank you!

electrifier and other Electrical Specialists are ready to help you

Related Electrical Questions