Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Where can I obtain a photo cell for a Hampton Bay outdoor lighting

300 watt transformer...
Where can I obtain a photo cell for a Hampton Bay outdoor lighting 300 watt transformer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/5/2013
Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Hampton Bay is a Home Depot-owned company. What did they tell you when you called?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards
Steve

Product no longer available

When do you expect I will receive a response

Maybe the fellow you spoke to was having a bad day because it is clearly shown on HomeDepot's website: >>>CLICK HERE<<<

In stock too, at least where I am :)

Good luck.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Regards
Steve
Steve G., Electrical Engineer

Is this unit compatible with the Hampton Bay 300 watt outdoor light transformer and control unit, no part # available the photo cell is mounted external to the unit and is replaceable. I have four of these that are not operative after an electrical storm and lightning strike, that tripped their GFCI receptacle? Thanks you have been a great help.

The photocell switches 120V AC voltage. The cell will work with your transformers. Some reviews say that this one despite having the same part number has a slightly wider diameter and slight modification is required. Others do not mention it.

Regards
Steve
Steve G., Electrical Engineer