Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

hi i have hydraulic 3 story lift at shop, control box is built

Customer Question
with relays dosent have any...
hi i have hydraulic 3 story lift at shop, control box is built with relays dosent have any computer like new one have, lift will go down with auto mode but dosnt want to go up, it will go up if i manually release relay for motor and second i belive brake. my question is it where i should start to look for bad relay, fuses are ok and 3 phases are ok, i dont have a drawings
yhx
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Electrical
9/4/2013
Electrician: AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician replied 4 years ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician

Welcome. My name is Tommy and would be glad to assist.

Would you have the Make and Model of the lift perhaps?

Will try to obtain seem information on the lift through make and model and hopefully find something as the need for a schematic will certainly be needed in this situation it does appear.

Thanks

Manufacturer is da rocha from canada

Serial nr. 31774

I do not have model nr

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I am not even able to find company Da Roche, so there is no information I will be able to use and even start to troubleshoot.

I will have to opt out and put your question back to the board for other experts, maybe someone will come on line that has worked with that particular company.

It is just hard without any kind of wiring schematic to troubleshoot a piece of equipment when not there in person to follow the wiring and controls.

Depending on the experts (we all come and go throughout the day), it may be a while for a response.

You will receive an email when someone does respond.

Thanks

Manufacturer is atlantic lifts ltd canada

De rocha was probably company which have done control box

Thx

Ok, thanks.

Lets get some information and work that route to see if we can progress.

1. This is a personnel or equipment lift?

2. Three stories, correct?

3. What controls are on the lift? Up,Down,Floor selection etc?

4. Possible to post a picture of the control box?

Thanks

It is equipment lift

4 stories

Floor selection and 1, 2, 3 , 4 and emergency stop button

I have some trouble with phone to attach pic of control box right now

Can do later, basically it is built with square d relays with coil 120 and 2 nc poles and 3 no

Thx

Ok, when you are able to post any pictures, it may be of benefit. I believe you will need to us ea PC, dont think the system works with phone picture posting directly.

I would first start:

Find the Motor contactor for UP.

Then trace the wire from the coil on the UP contactor backwards to find the first point which may involve a contact closure.

Each relay that may be a part of the UP sequence could have a set of NO contacts, when it closes it allows power to get all the way to the Motor Contactor.

So you want to start going backwards and find the last location that you have power available on that circuit.

Mike, Master Electrician