Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
9920183

My GFCI resettable receptacle has an XXXXX XXXXXght that comes

My GFCI resettable receptacle has an XXXXX XXXXXght that comes on when it is tripped....seems it shouldn't have any light when it is tripped. Is it possible that the polarity is backward or are there some receptacles that have a light when tripped.

Jason :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

Jason :

Is the outlet functioning correctly... both when something is plugged in, and when you press the TEST button?

Jason :

Reverse polarity wouldn't change the functionality of the indicator light. In addition, I don't think GFI outlets will work at all with reverse polarity.

Some brands are set up so that the indicator is lit only when the outlet is tripped, to let you know it's tripped.

This is because a popped out RESET button isn't always visually obvious.