Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a 4 ganged switch box . 1 receptacle , 1 LED Dimmer

Switch for LED high hats...
I have a 4 ganged switch box . 1 receptacle , 1 LED Dimmer Switch for LED high hats, 1 - Dimmer switch for a chanderlier and 1 more dimmer switch. The last two when I checked them there was no coltage at the lights. But if I connected a regular switch it worked. What could be wrong?
8/15/2013
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. You need to check the output voltage at the dimmers. There is either a bad connection or the dimmers have failed.

Is it possible that two switches failed? There is one other thing , they are switches that are either 3 - way or normal. Could this have anything to do with it. it can't be a bad connection because I tested it with a normal switch.

If these dimmer are recently installed and haven't worked. Then you may have miswired them. Tell me the color of wires on the dimmers.

can you call me 212 622 2505

Unfortunately I can only communicate with you on this site.

Are you clear on how I wired the circuit

You didn't indicate whether they are single pole or 3 way wired. I asked you to give me the color of the dimmer wire, soi can instruct you as to their connections. One wire is the common and the other 2 are either used for travelers on a 3 way or only one is used for a single pole installation.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician