Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

Good Afternoon, My name isXXXXX have bought a Altura

68 in Ceiling Fan and...
Good Afternoon, My name isXXXXX have bought a Altura 68 in Ceiling Fan and I need a switch box that connects from motor to a module and a finally a light kit. That is my need right no, can you help please on where to purchase this part. Thank you
8/1/2013
Randy
Randy, Electrician

Randy :

Hello, I'm Randy. Thank you for allowing me to help you today. Please give me a moment to review you question.

Randy :

so, to be sure, you have a "new" fan and you are just trying to connect power to it and need parts or is this something else?

Customer:

That is correct got the new fan with out the switch box

Randy :

the light and fan are all in one kit and you just need to hook it to a wall switch, right?

Randy :

do you have red, black and white wires?

Randy :

do you need to know where to buy the switch, boxes and wire, etc?

Customer:

I have all that done, but I am just missing the portion on the fan itself on this unit, not the wiring to the wall switch, because home depot does not have parts on these fans and can not find any one can you help

Randy :

what part is missing? and this is the Altura brand?

Customer:

OK the bottom part is called the switch box and it contains the reverse module that plugs in to connectors and I can also put a light kit to this too. and yes it is a Altura brand

Randy :

just a moment...

Randy :

Parts are not readily available, however, the phone for Hampton Bay is(NNN) NNN-NNNN They should be able to help you identify the exact part number and sell it to you direct, or put you in touch with someone who can sell it to you.

Customer:

thanks

Randy :

I hope that I've answered all of your questions today. Is there anything else I may help you with? Thank you for allowing me to serve you today. If my customer service today has been good, please rate me a “4” or a “5”. Tips are also greatly appreciated! Thanks - Randy

Randy
Randy, Electrician
Randy
Randy
Randy, Electrician