Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

HellomIve got a mini split ductless A/C unit that I am

Customer Question
Hello, I've got a mini...

Hello, I've got a mini split ductless Multi Zone, A/C unit that I am currently installing in a commercial restaurant space with a suspended ceiling. It came with 4x16AWG wire with the install kit. I assume to run from each air handler to the condensor? This is going in a restaurant where all the electrical above the suspended ceiling is run in armoured cable. The wire that was included is not in an armoured cable, so I am hesistant to use it? I can't really run conduit because of space limitations and moving around ladders in the restaurant would be very time consuming and frustating. Should I just purchase some armoured cable to run from the air handlers to the condensor on the roof? What gauge of armoured cable would I need to buy? Or can I just use this 4x16 AWG wire? It is a black coated wire. I checked online and it is coated in PVC??

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/25/2013
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 4 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Use 14/4 MC cable.
I see the question remains open. Did you need further assistance?
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician