Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

We have a washer/dryer laundry unit all in one. The electrical

and vent and gas for...
We have a washer/dryer laundry unit all in one. The electrical and vent and gas for the dryer are all on one wall. Is there a way to have two regular units instead? Which would be easier to accommodate?
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2013
Alex
Alex, Master Electrician
Hello and Thank you for posting on www.justanswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you.

1. Is the existing dryer gas or electric?
2. are you planning to get gas dryer?

The dryer is gas and we would stay with gas (cheaper) if possible.

I can only answer electrical part of the question.

If the existing dryer is gas and new one you are getting is Gas as well then you should be able to use existing 110v outlet for electrical.

Let me know if you have more questions.

So, the gas dryer stays were it is at and a new washer could be further away?

Is the existing electrical outlet right behind the existing unit or its outside of it?

Behind.

Well, most of the washer machines have 5 ft cord. I Believe it should be enough but you might need to measure where exactly is the outlet .
Alex
Alex, Master Electrician
Alex
Alex
Alex, Master Electrician