Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have a Hayward dual speed pump and motor in my garage that

I have a Hayward dual speed pump and motor in my garage that came off of a hot tub its 230 volts , 1-1/6 hp ,,amps 6.4/ 1.85 . I would like to wire it to 110 so I can hook it up to my above ground pool .... the motor on my pool gave out this week .
can I just pull one of the four wires off from the Hayward and make that motor 110 ?
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. The motor needs to be dual voltage. Check the name plate.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it doesn't say dual voltage , just dual speed 3450/ 1725 the wire diagram on the motor shows how to use thses speeds using 3 or 4 wires ?

Unfortunaly it will not be able to work on 120V.