Rick
Rick, Master Electrician
Experience:  10 yrs as a electrician. Have my own company.
69082490

I need more space on my neutral ground bus bar and want to

I need more space on my neutral ground bus bar and want to add another one to the box. Do I need to connect the two bus bars together or will the screws on the box ground the new grounding bus bar.

Sparky :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to answer any of your electrical questions. Is this at your main panel? Are the neutrals and ground wires all on the same bar?

Customer:

Yes my main Panel and all nuetrals and ground are on same bar

Customer:

There is two bus bars one on each side of the panel but only one main ground coming into the panel

Sparky :

Then yes you can go ahead and put it directly to the panel. The bars do not have to be together.

Customer:

so the two mounting screws are enought to ground the bar

Sparky :

Yes they are.

Customer:

Thank you very much.

Sparky :

No problem I hope I provided you with excellent service please don't forget to rate my service

Customer:

you did.

Just wanted to say thank you for the excellent rating. It is greatly appreciated. If you have any more electrical questions, please let me know. Here is my profile page. Thanks again. Thank you for the bonus. Greatly appreciated.

http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-electricianforhire/