Kevin
Kevin, Master Electrician
Experience:  15 yrs field experience with 11 yrs as self-employed contractor specializing in home repair\upgrades
18324022

I just had my basement finished, however my contractor walked

I just had my basement finished, however my contractor walked before completing the project. I had carpet done and tile finished in bathroom. However the electrical the original contractor had going to bathroom and outlets in family room do not work. Where do I look for problem

Kevin :

Hi, and welcome to JA!!

Kevin :

Have all the receptacles and switches been installed?

Customer:

yes

Kevin :

First, I would open the breaker box and look for any new wires that are not connected to breakers. They may not be stripped out, in other words, still have the outer insulation on them. Or they may have been stripped out, but the individual wires have not been connected

Customer:

Do I trip the breaker for the whole basement.

Kevin :

That wont be necessary just to look in the breaker box

Kevin :

but you can if you like

Customer:

so its ok to leave power to basement while im looking for wires