AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I need a pull chain switch. Many brands available, however

I need a pull chain switch. Many brands available, however all are plastic. I need brass with brass threads. any ideas where to find
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. I checked multiple sources for the switch. I suggest that what you're looking for isn't avaiable. The standard today is a plastic body with a brass nipple. The reason being the cost of manufacturing and the price to the consumer. The best you'll find is a brass nippled switch.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know what is standard. I am looking for specialmanufacture. The fan I am repairing has a heavy lighting shade that hangs on the switch threads. The plastic threads strip while tightening and will not support the weight. Incidently the fan is less than 5 years old. I expect the repair switch is still availabe. I just don't have resource to find.
If you had mentioned it was for a fan and given the manufacture, It would have made my answer a little different. Below is a source for fan parts. If they can't get what you need, it isn't available.

http://www.eceilingfans.com/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the switch is made by ShineTop a tiawan company. the number of the switch is e218558. one half is black plastic. the other half is brass and on this half are the threads
I'm sorry but you have given me 2 negative reviews and not wanting anymore, I'll opt out.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

Click HERE for the replacement switch e218558.

You have to purchase a pair of switches, but it is one of the pair as described on the site.

One lot, (2) units:
One (1) ZING EAR Pull Chain Switch:
3A125VL 3A250V AC 6A125V AC
Clear plastic / black plastic
1 & 13/16 in. brass ball pull chain
5 inch wires
Note: HAS (not pictured) the silver screw-on collar cap
One (1) Shine Top
3A250VAC 6A125VAC3A125VL E218558

Clear plastic / black plastic
2 & 1/8 in. steel ball pull chain
5 inch wires

Company Contact if out of stock for possible order
I have a question...
eMail for Questions:[email protected] Text or Call: (NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Again, the switch housing must be 1/2 brass, at least, with brass threads. Note a heavy light fixture hangs on the threads and the plastic threads strip when tightened. thanks
Ok.
This is what you posted, please read it:
ShineTop a tiawan company. the number of the switch is e218558

This is what I posted:
One (1) Shine Top
3A250VAC 6A125VAC3A125VL E218558

I searched for 1 1/2 hrs to find the Exact make and model you posted, it wasn't just a random selection.

So, how can you expect more?
Please advise why the EXACT replacement for what you have is not what you want.
Thanks

The switch on the right in the photo is the replacement for yours
it is METAL with METAL threads on one side, maybe they changed production, I cannot say because it is difficult to tell if it is brass or not, but plain to see it is metal
But it is your switch.

AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience: Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade