Forry
Forry, Electrician
Experience:  £0 Years of experience in UK electrics from small appliances to Full house rewires
12112589

Hi, I have a light in my home study - from the lighting

I have a light in my home study - from the lighting circuit there are two black (negative) wires wound together; two red wires (positive) wound togther; two yellow and green wires (earth) wound together and a single black (negative) wire that come out of the ceiling and go into the ceiling rose long adapter which comprises several connector screws.

The wires that are wound together, I assume, are 'ins and outs' to complete the circuit to other lighting on the ground floor.

I have bought a new ceiling light fitment which provides a single positive, a single negative and an earth connector. I am looking to connect the wires from the ceiling as described in the first para above I can see where to connect the two black wires wound together; the two red wires wound together and earth wires into the new fitment however I don't know where to connect the single black wire (negative).

Where should this be connected to?

Thanks,
Chris Drummond
Please provide picture/s and I will help you regards David, 'The Famous Forry'
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please try again. something came but no picture. Thanks.
Please picture your new fitting
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

David,

Did you receive the picture of fitting?

I have picture of ceiling wires. Can you send picture of the fitting you wish to put up please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I sent it before a couple of time but here it is again
Please call me on 07813 047557