Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have a sentrol carbon monoxide detector whose green light

I have a sentrol carbon monoxide detector whose green light is flashing and then it beeps every 3 - 5 minutes. the system is hardwired in the house. how can it stop it from beeping?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Is it a battery combination smoke and CO detecter? The first thing would be to change the battery and the either blow it out with compressed air or vacuume it. Should it continue beeping the only way to resolve the issue is to replace it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mike, it is not battery operated, it is hardwired to the house.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 years ago.
If it has central station monitoring or it's hard wired to the house wiring. If the second, for years have had battery back up in the units and the beep is a low battery signal. Take a good look fo any indication of a battery compartment.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mike, it is the 240-COe, there are three in the house, on each level, all are the same. There is no indication of a battery back up. The one on the top level is a steady green, and the one in the basement is a steady green. Only the main level is flashing green and beeping.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there any other solution, since there is no battery and the other two units seem to be working fine?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 years ago.
The units aren't serviceable. If cleaning them doesn't silence it then the only thing to do is replace it.