Sir Sparks
Sir Sparks, President/Owner/ Master Electrician
Experience:  US State Certified & UK Electrical Contractor for all electrical fields/disciplines
22778599

I have a Fasco bathroom model 659 ventilation, heater & light

I have a Fasco bathroom model 659 ventilation, heater & light fixture. After not using it for a day or two, the fan locks up and won't turn. I turn the power swithch off, swing down the cover and turn the fan blade on the motor with my finger. and when I turn the switch on the fixture operates correctly. How do I fix this problem? Also, who sells these light fixtures and where can I buy parts for this fixture?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Sir Sparks replied 6 years ago.
Hi. Take the plate with the motor/fan attached down clean it thouroughly with a stiff paint brush and then spray a little WD40 on both ends of the motor (bearings).

The fan is old a replacement may not be available.
http://toolsmet.com/electric-motors/257.html

THE 7TH MOTOR DOWN ON THIS PAGE IS YOURS (100TH hp)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The other part of my question was who sells Fasco exhaust/heater/light fans and where who can I go to for other parts. The current swing down cover is chrome and I would like a brass colred one like I have in the other bathrrom.
I have checked this out before; The fan is old the only thing you will get is the motor and that must be ordered online for nearly $100 pluse shipping. I new fan is your best option.

NOTE: I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.
Also of course my response is an answer in that it will save you time chasing futile paths of enquiry.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX