Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I need a wiring diagram to install new safety photo eyes at

Customer Question
the bottom of my garage...
I need a wiring diagram to install new safety photo eyes at the bottom of my garage door. The previous owner had removed the original ones. Craftsman 1/2 h.p. 41A5021-2E date 02/01 132C2105-3B
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Electrical
3/13/2011
Electrician: Jason, Service Technician replied 6 years ago
Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Jason :

Hello. Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer...

Jason :

I haven't installed a garage door opener in quite some time. But I would be happy to look at my own opener (which I did install) and tell you how the sensors are wired.

Jason :

I have 3 terminals on the side of my opener, marked 1, 2, and 3. The sensors each have a low voltage two conductor cable running to them. One conductor for each sensor has a black stripe on it. The black striped conductor for each sensor is connected to terminal number 3. The unstriped conductor for each sensor is connected to terminal number 2.

Jason :

The wall mounted (hard wired) pushbutton also has a wire connected to terminal number 2. The other wire from the pushbutton is connected to terminal number 1. This gives you 1 wire on terminal number 1, three wires on terminal number 2, and two wires on terminal number 3.

Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Jason
Jason
Jason, Service Technician