Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a Sears/Craftsman 1/2 HP garage motor. The model number…

Customer Question
I have a Sears/Craftsman 1/2...
I have a Sears/Craftsman 1/2 HP garage motor. The model number is XXXXX The house was built in 1986, so I am assuming this is an older model. I have a wired sears wall transmittor and a wireless outdoor keypad. The motor has dip switches and does not have a "learn" button. The wall button does not have a faceplate and does not have a "program" or "operate" switch. I researched online and cannot figure out how to reprogram the keypad code outside. I know the current code, but I need to change it to prevent unauthorized access. I believe the keypad is model 66LM, but I am not positive. It only has the #'s 1-9 and an enter button on it. How do I reset the code on the keypad? Is there a way to do it using the dip switches?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 2 days by:
7/9/2010
Electrician: Joan-Mod, JA Moderator replied 8 years ago
Joan-Mod
Joan-Mod, JA Moderator
This is Joan and I am a Moderator:
Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when, for example:

1. The question may be unclear.
2. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained adequately online.
3. The Experts that are online are simply unable to answer your question.
4. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.
Please feel free to re-word your question [or increase the price] if you feel that may be the reason. [Of course, you are not required to increase the price.]

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Joan
Electrician: Craig, Electrical Technician replied 8 years ago
Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
Hello, try these instructions and let me know if this is what you needed.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/liftmaster-garage-opener_2110_4160664
Thank you very much for getting back to me. This is definately the closest I've gotten to finding the answer, but unfortunately my garage door opener receiver does not have a smart button. The bottom right corner of the pdf shows the back of the receiver and everything looks exactly the same on mine, but instead of the "smart button" and indicator light, my unit only has code switches with the numbers 1 through 9 on it. If you could fine the instructions on how to change the code by somehow using the code switches, I will gladly accept. Thanks again and I appreciate it.
If you set the dip switches the same as the opener I think you'll have it. Give it a try.
I'm wondering if there is a 'learn' button inside the motor controller somewhere, have you looked maybe on the electronic board itself? There has to be a learn button so the keypad can be programmed.
I've unscrewed the board and can't find a learn button anywhere. I agree that their should be one, but I can't find it. The keypad does not have any dip switches on it, so I can't do it that way either.
Check the back of the unit by the cord. May have to remove the lens for the light to see it.