Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 49 years Experience
29848548

Need bearing number for GE 1 1/2 HP electric motor GE Model

Customer Question

Need bearing number for GE 1 1/2 HP electric motor:
GE Model 5KCR39SN3012BT.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Please stand by while I check.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 years ago.
I'm going to pass the question to another expert. Please stand by.
Expert:  Rich replied 8 years ago.

Hi .. The best way to size a new bearing is to get the numbers off the old one .. they should be stamped or printed on the race ... or you could measure the bearing .. the inside diameter, the outside diameter, and the width .. That is how the bearings are described , Grainger would be able to siupply you a replacement with either of those bits of informatiuon ..

Thoughts?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

If I had the bearing I would not be asking you the question!!!!!

GE should have the answer but so far I have not been able to find the right website for the info.

STILL NEED THE BEARING PART NUMBER!!!!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Answer unacceptable.

Will not pay.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 years ago.
Tom, sorry that an immediate solution to your problem hasn't been offered. As my last attempt to help you I suggest that due to the fact that part information seems to be lacking on General Electric motors, you take the bearing to either TT bearing or Timken. If they are not in your area you might consider contacting them via internet and possibly sending it to them for a match. Good Luck.

Edited by Mike G. on 7/4/2010 at 11:55 AM EST
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Perhaps you did not read my first reply!! If I had the bearing I would not be asking the question.

Thanks for the NO HELP

TOM

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 years ago.
Well perhaps you might take the motor to them for a measurement that you were unable to do.