Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

which is the best device to use when tyring to tell resistancein…

Customer Question
which is the best device...
which is the best device to use when tyring to tell resistancein in a line, a mega meter or an ohms meter
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/28/2010
Electrician: Mike, Master Electrician replied 8 years ago
Mike, Master Electrician
Hi, an ohmmeter is the best tool measure resistance. But keep in mind that often times, multimeter, ohmmeter are used interchangeably and refer the same thing. Most multimeters have a resistance and/or Ohm setting in them.

Edited by Mike on 6/28/2010 at 4:43 AM EST
when would you use a mega meter
I'm not sure what you mean. There is such thing as a megameter as it relates to testing equipment. A megameter is a unit of length. Do you mean a multimeter or megger ?
Let me know what you're talking about and I'll be happy to clarify.

Edited by Mike on 6/28/2010 at 1:33 PM EST