Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Trying to help elderly lady get air con dishing found used…

Customer Question
Trying to help elderly lady...
Trying to help elderly lady get air con dishing found used one with what i determinded was a 110 plug three prong one ground two other finds reguler plug i installed same pluged in to 110 out let air condish worked cold air came out . ran for two days then fliped a bresker Ther was a round outlet near the cage that the air condishner fits in with one horzonal and onevertigal fin and one ground round plug. she had pluged a fan into this and it was running normally is that proper? what can i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
Electrician: Mike, Master Electrician replied 8 years ago
Mike, Master Electrician
Hi, what size breaker is this? Will it reset? Or does it continue to trip?
will have to go over tomorrow she lives in a retairment apartment i had returned onthe first day to glue apart of the filter and i unpluged the power plug and it was warm i was not supprised this morn. at church when she told me what happened is it possibilt for that threeprong will fit into what appewars to me a 220 out let?
No problem.. the issue I'm having is that there are several questions so I'm not sure where to begin or how to proceed. I certainly don't mean to sound rude, but it would be better if you could explain your problem and then allow me to ask the questions. Once we come up with a solution for you, I'd be glad to answer any additional questions you may have. But at this point, I'm not sure what the nature of your problem is. If you could explain exactly what the problem is that you're having, I can better determine where to go from here. If you want to wait until tomorrow to respond, that is fine by me. We can continue at your convenience.