Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

ok lets see if you can help I am replacing my pool timer it…

Customer Question
ok lets see if you...
ok lets see if you can help I am replacing my pool timer it is 220v. there is a breaker box next to timer. it comes from the main line of the house. there are three wires coming out of the breaker box. A red, a black and a green I would think two hot black and red the green is ground. It is the same with the pump. I have a florida power energy saver on the oppisit side has 4 wires a red a black a white and a green. the new timer box has 5 conectors labeled 1 2 3 4 and A. On the A the timer motor is wired to it,this is my confusion I do not know how to rewire the new box because of the the A terminal on the old one the white netural wire is conected to #3 along with a black from the main breaker box. can u help

thanks
Wade
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/19/2010
Electrician: Craig, Electrical Technician replied 8 years ago
Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
The confusion is because the old clock was wired for 240 volts to run the clock motor. The T103 is a 120 volt clock and it will require a neutral white wire from the panel to connect to terminal 'A'. If you can get the white wire from the panel that is connected to the neutral terminal strip in the breaker panel over to the clock and connect it to 'A' you will be all set! Hope this helps.

Here is your clock diagram