Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

my pump has stopped running and mains fuse is tripped. On resetting…

Customer Question
my pump has stopped running...
my pump has stopped running and mains fuse is tripped. On resetting each time pump runs for 30secs and fuse trips again. what should i do
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/14/2010
Electrician: Inactive, Master Electrician replied 8 years ago
Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician
Thank you Sir or Madam for asking your question on Just Answer Electrical!!
You are corresponding with JOSEPH - Your "Personal On-Line Electrical Consultant".

Can you tell me if you have access to a digital volt meter? If not are you willing and able to get one?

If you see this message, that means I need more information from you!
- Please respond ASAP to this Information Request
- This will prompt me to respond – Thus ensuring you receive the best customer service available.

Please be patient with us, questions are often asked for the following reasons:
- To clarify what was posted to gain more of an understanding
- To get a clear picture of what the problem is in order come up with a game plan
- Your problem may be complicated and may need several follow up questions in order to enable me to help you solve the problem.

Please reply back to this post when you are ready to continue:

Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:12:59 PM
i have volt meter
Ok remove the wires from the pump and test the voltage. Let me know what you get. When you check the voltage check the hot to hot, then each hot to ground. I need to know what each reading is.

Also where are you located.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:15:18 PM
wattle grove sydney, its sealed plug at the end, will have to chop off to check the voltages
No dont do that, if you can simply unplug the unit and check the voltage at the outlet that would be better.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:18:27 PM
ok will check that and come back in 5