Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

after a power outage (multiple times last night) the electric…

Customer Question
after a power outage (multiple...
after a power outage (multiple times last night) the electric is acting wierd. Some lights don't seem to be getting full power, they are dimmer than usual. My A/C compressors wont go on but the blower does work and when i turn one zone off it cuts the power to various outlets and lights. I have done all the breakers, some were tripped and turned off everything I could. What do you think happened and what should I do? Was going to call the power company first and make sure whats coming to the house is right. My house is 17 years old with an addition and 2 panels, 1 main and 1 sub.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2010
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 8 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Were other homes affected by the outage or just yours?
others as well
Sounds like a distribution problem. Call the Utility ASAP. Turn everything off because of the possibility of high voltage fluctuations that could cause damage in your home.
Good evening. I'm following up to see how you made out with the utility. Please let me know and I'm still waiting for an accept for my answer.