Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

the travelers on a 3way switch controls 2 flourescents lights…

Customer Question
the travelers on a 3way...
the travelers on a 3way switch controls 2 flourescents lights has 14/3 wg is this sufficient enough commercial building m an electrician is telling me I need no.12 awg
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
6/11/2010
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 8 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Is the 14/3 NM or MC? Is it above a suspended ceiling? Is the circuit being used by any other load or is it dedicated to the two light fixtures?
14/3 nm drop in lights suspended ceiling the handy single light switch box has no.12 awg for power supply not sure if it feeds any thing elsethe 14/3 is just the travlers between the switches
OK. The electrician was right. If the feed id #12 chances are it is on a 20A breaker. All the conductors must be #12. Also you can't use NM in a commercial suspended ceiling.
I'm waiting for an acceptance of the answer. It may not have been what you wanted to hear, but it was the answer to the question. Please accept it.