How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 2742
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have aluminum wiring in my house. I live in Colorado(Denver)

Resolved Question:

I have aluminum wiring in my house. I live in Colorado(Denver) Can I use an aluminum outlet or do I have to pigtail off and use copper ?I can't get an answer here from nobody. Or just use a regular outlet?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
If you have aluminum wiring and you're replacing a receptacle, you'll need to use a receptacle marked for use with aluminum wiring. They should have these at your local Home Depot or Lowes.

Edited by Mike Pettinato on 3/4/2010 at 9:00 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Would an inspecter accept those? It's just 2 outlets and a switch
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Yes, absolutely, not only would the inspector accept that, it is what he/she would require. You have to use devices rated for aluminum wiring.
Mike and other Electrical Specialists are ready to help you