How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sir Sparks Your Own Question
Sir Sparks
Sir Sparks, President/Owner/ Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 2532
Experience:  US State Certified & UK Electrical Contractor for all electrical fields/disciplines
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Sir Sparks is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am searching for a transformer for my twig lights. Where

Customer Question

I am searching for a transformer for my twig lights. Where can I get from please
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Inactive replied 7 years ago.
Can you explain this a little more? Are needing a general replacement transformer? Are you building these lights? Can you tell me the voltage ratings of this unit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.


These twig lights are in a bundle and need to be connected via the lights to the transformer and then to the mains. I think just the one transformer cable was missing when I purchased these from Lakeland Plastics recently. They do not have any more in stock.

This is the information on the attached label.

Transformer related voltage Wattage 24v 450MA 10.8VA

Light set related wattage 8.4W

Bulb rating 4V/0.07A/0.28W

I live in France Hope this information will be useful to you. With thanks Pauline Heartfield

Expert:  Inactive replied 7 years ago.
Is the transformer a generic unit? Or is this specifically designed just for these lights?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry, no idea but possibly made for these lights. Don't know if lakeland plastics could help.


Expert:  Inactive replied 7 years ago.
You guys are on a 220v system over there correct?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I believe so. I have many appliances which I used in the U.K. and they all work over here without any problem.


Sorry, but you are comminicating with an O.A.P.!!


Thanks again

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have not yet received any further communication from you since this last reply. Is there a problem or are you unable to help me?


Pauline Heartfield

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Please contact me by e-mail
Expert:  Sir Sparks replied 7 years ago.
Hi, I presume you are in the UK? You can buy a generic unit from one of the many electronic parts stores there. It is best to take the old transformer with you so they can match it for size.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Further to my other requests, I live in France, received these lights from Lakeland Plastics and there was no transformer in the box hence my request to see if it is possible to obtain another transformer via ordering on the internet. Please let me know if this is possible.


Yours Pauline Heartfield

Expert:  Sir Sparks replied 7 years ago.
Sorry I have tried hard but cannot locate it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Many thanks for your effort