How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Master Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 2742
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have two HB-4190 Motion Sensing Lanterns. The plastic cover

Customer Question

I have two HB-4190 Motion Sensing Lanterns. The plastic cover over the photo eye has deteriorated and broken. I would like to get replacement parts. Can you help?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hampton Bay is Home Depot's "house brand" and parts can only be obtained from a Home Depot. You may have to ask them to special order the part as they don't stock replacement parts for all types of fixtures that they carry.

Alternatively, you can install a new photocell in-line between the switch and the laterns and disconnect the photo cell that is built into the light fixture if for some reason Home Depot is no longer able to get replacement parts for your light fixture. You can use a standard photocell that can be purchased from Home Depot or Lowes. I'd be glad to walk you through this installation scenario if you need assistance and this is the route you so choose.


Edited by Mike Pettinato on 11/17/2009 at 11:26 PM EST

Related Electrical Questions