Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Electrical

I have a Hunter Grand Lodge model 23530 fan and the famously

Customer Question
inferior remote receiver model 85112-04...
I have a Hunter Grand Lodge model 23530 fan and the famously inferior remote receiver model 85112-04. I have replaced it 5+ times now and I just want to run the fan from the wall switch. Fan on one, light on the other. I have 2 wall switches for the fan and a red, black, and red wire coming out of the ceiling. Help me before I using it for target practice!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
10/19/2009
Electrician: Sir Sparks, President/Owner/ Master Electrician replied 8 years ago
Sir Sparks
Sir Sparks, President/Owner/ Master Electrician
Hi, is the switch already wired for use and is the fan remote receiver removable? Did you mean red black and WHITE wires?

Switch is wired, yes. Ceiling outlet has one red, one white, one black coming out. Currently only the red and white are connected to the black and white fan wire going to the fan. The black in the ceiling is capped and not being used. I have taken out the receiver and there is a prewired 9-pin plastic connector that i have disconnected from the receiver. It is wired as follows:

Black and white from fan motor to connector, 5 wires out of the connector back to the motor: red, white, tan, pink, yellow. I anticipate having to cut the connector and using the correct wires to run the fan and the light separately....

I don't know this specific fan's internal wiring details so will Opt out to allow another expert to answer. Good luck!
Will someone be picking up my Hunter ceiling fan question?
Electrician: Rich, Master Electrician replied 8 years ago
Rich
Rich, Master Electrician
Hello .. Rich here ,, does this fan have two switches , well three switches on it .. a pull chain for the fan speed and a pull for the light and a small toggle for reverse of the fan ??
No, only the wall switch and the remote. Everything else is internal to the light/fan.
Ya .. thats bwhat I thought .. so all the controls went thru the remote reciever .. well for me this would ber s fishing trip .. hooking up wires and seeing what happens .. so I am going to opt out and see if another expert will pick up from here ..
Mike, Master Electrician