Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

We need the wiring digram for a Cooper SGF 15W-MSP combination…

Customer Question
We need the wiring digram...
We need the wiring digram for a Cooper SGF 15W-MSP combination Single GFCI with SP Switch.

Send asap please
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Electrical
9/4/2009
Electrician: Inactive, Master Electrician replied 8 years ago
Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician
Ok look this over and let me know if you have any questions:

graphic
The diagram helped us get power but the GFCI for the light did not work. Meaning once we activated the GFCI the light stayed on. Is the switch also a GFCI??
You did not state you wanted the light to be gfci protected as well. The way this is setup is to keep the light on if the gfci trips. IF you want the light to be gfci protected as well, then I will have to make you a new diagram.... do you need me to do that?
yes
Ok give me about an hour and ill have it made up for you.
Ok here is your diagram. Look it over and if you have any questions, let me know.

graphic

Ok.. did this but ended up with a short... my brother-in-law was trying to get this wired for me, but he just left... soo..i'll just say thanks for your help, enjoy the long weekend

mitch

If you ended up with a short, then you wired it wrong. You need to be sure your incoming power goes to the "line" side of the device. Then the black wire from the switch goes to the "load" gold terminal. Then the white wire going out to the light goes to the "load" silver terminal. Lastly make sure that your incoming power white wire goes to the "load" silver terminal.

You need to look closely at the back of your device, you will see the words "Line" and "load" next to their respective terminals.
Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician