How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Paul Your Own Question
Paul, Electrician
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 805
Experience:  23 yrs as an electrician, self employed contractor, municipal inspector
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Paul is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

(1) 2-RQM-2S40-3-TP in 2-40 watt bulb clng fixture. New tubes

This answer was rated:

(1) 2-RQM-2S40-3-TP in 2-40 watt bulb clng fixture. New tubes 'flicker' only @ on. 1 ballast heavy
     'smoke' stain on fixture over ballast. Replace both..........?
(2) 2-RQM-2S40-3-TP to be replaced by ?? type. Wiring schematic on new units ?
(3) This fixture and other similar were installed during renovation 1980.



The current replacement for this ballast would be for F32 T8 lamps. These would be the new energy efficient electronic replacements. The new lamps would be smaller in diameter but give the same amount of light. You will need to look closely at the wiring diagram on the ballast as it does wire differently, do not match color for color.

If your fixture has 2,3 or 4 lamps they do have single ballast replacements to cover these bulb counts.

Of course you can still use the same ballast and lamps as they are available.



Here is a link to Advanced Ballast it can supply any part numbers you may need.


If you need more help please ask here.



Paul and other Electrical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Paul: My Pay Pal shows $9.00 debit........thanks for good steer !